Does the world really need another blog? Well, maybe just one. Welcome to the PyroMarketing blog. With this space I plan to explore the marketing process and, in particular, to scrutinize it through the lens of PyroMarketing. What works? What doesn't? Why? How do people behave individually or in groups and what implications do those behaviors have for people trying to sell products or services?
I used to wonder what I would write about if I had a blog, but once John Jantsch began building this one for me I started to notice topics I wanted to address. Before long, I couldn't wait for the platform so I could begin sharing my ideas and reading other people's takes on them. Here is a sampling of topics I plan to address in the near future. I hope you'll join me for the discussion.
- Consumers are people
- Is word-of-mouth illegal?
- Disney's "problem." Secular and Christian soundtracks for The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
- Sleep Number Beds and Marriott Hotels
- Why Mass Marketing CANNOT create mass popularity
- Inside out thinking and ministries on life-support
- Not enough hours in the day
- Laughrica: social proof and mass hysteria
- Marketing as communication
- Pragmatic vs. semantic meaning and its influence on communication
- The search for relevance
- Jumping on and off the band wagon
- Oprah Winfrey and saving the coals
Spread the fire. GS